This is my last weekly oil post for the month of January! I've enjoyed sharing my New Year Resolutions with all of you and hope that I've inspired at least one of you out there to open yourself up to a healthier way of living. This post is the most difficult for me. I was physically, emotionally, mentally abused as a very young child and even when the physical stopped by one person- the emotional has continued by another into adulthood. I have dealt with my problems in my own way and have become a stronger person because of it. Unfortunately, I still harbor quite a few "emotional issues" and am trying to resolve those and also trying to become "less angry" in general. I'm also pretty sure that my hormones are haywire after the babies and somedays, I really feel like i'm losing it. I have purchased a book called, "Releasing Emotional Patterns" and along with Essential Oils, I'm going to try to change some of my patterns! This one will not be easy, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it helps...
This is an excerpt from the Releasing Emotional Patterns book:
"Sesquiterpenes, found in high levels in essential oils such as Frankincense and Sandalwood, help to increase the oxygen in the limbic system of the brain which in turn "unlocks" the DNA and allows emotional baggage to be released from cellular memory. Emotions have been found to be encoded within the DNA of the cells and passed on from generation to generation. Emotional behavior patterns have even been found to be "locked" within families. Transplant recipients report strange memories and desires which further substantiates that emotions are stored in the body and encoded in the DNA of the cells. More recently, studies at New York University proved the amygdala gland (the gland in the lambic system of the brain that stores and releases trauma in the body) does not respond to sound or sight or touch, but ONLY releases emotional trauma through the sense of smell."
When we carry emotions with us, they can weigh us down and manifest in other ways. Essential Oils can help facilitate to release those emotions.
This is a great link to check out dealing with the "How" and the "Why" Essential Oils Facilitate Emotional Release.
Some ideas to begin the process of releasing emotional patterns are:
- Place 1-3 drops of Release over the Thymus and rub in gently. Apply up to 3 times daily as needed.
- Blend equal parts Frankincense and Valor and use as listed below:
- Apply 1-2 drops neat on temples, forehead, crown, and back of neck before bed. Do this for 3 nights.
- Apply 1-2 drops neat to the crown of the head and forehead as needed. It is best if it is applied in a quiet, darkened room.
- Massage 1-3 drops on heart Vita Flex points 2-3 times daily.
- Rub 1-2 drops of oil on the temples and back of neck several times daily.
- Understand the pattern- see how the emotion appears in different situations and how it affects your life. Understanding the pattern is the first step in resolving the issue.
- Recognize the problem- if you can find the cause of the problem, you may be able to deal with it in a better way.
- Be willing and ready to change- Until the behavior is understood or experienced the situation will only get worse. It takes effort and focus to shift the direction of our behaviors.
- Change the energy pattern- an automatic behavior is a fixed pattern. If you want a change, the energy needs to be cleared out of the physical, mental, and emotional parts of the body.
- Release the pattern from the memory in the limbic system of the brain.
I personally am wanting to rid myself of the ANGER because this is definitely my emotional response! I will be following this book with hopes of changing my emotional responses that have been a problem throughout my life. If you are interested in this book, you can find it here.
I follow a writer named Austin Blood on FaceBook! I love reading his viewpoints on men and women from a mans perspective and this is a recent post:
When we're hurting emotionally, we resort to avoidance. When this happens, it's easy to make poor choices that lead to unhealthy relationships and unwise business decisions. We seek to escape because we do not have anchoring or awareness to know how to deal with our emotions. When I need to feel balance and stability- I use Grounding oil (LOVE to diffuse) so that I can cope better with reality in a more constructive manner.
Another aspect of Emotional Health for me is HORMONAL balance! My hormones have been so out of whack since having 2 babies in 2 years!!! I'm just finally getting to a place where I feel like i'm starting to gain control once again and I seriously believe it's from this oil EndoFlex! This is a blend that amplifies metabolism and vitality while creating a hormonal balance. I diluted my bottle and put a roller on it and apply it to my lower abdomen, both of my kidneys, and to my thyroid twice a day to help support my Endocrine System.
Here is a great video by my Teammate Sherri Griffin with an explanation of the Endocrine System!
Inspired by D. Gary Young’s life experiences, the Feelings collection was designed to lift negative impressions and allow openness to new beginnings. Everyone has experienced lasting adverse impressions that scar our inner self, prohibiting self growth and accomplishment.
Following the Feelings regimen, sets you on the path of self identification by aligning your emotions. Valor, Harmony, Forgiveness, Inner Child, Release, and Present Time oil blends complete this collection providing the foundation for emotional health.
“Negative experiences and ideas are recorded in our brains and locked into our memories throughout our lives. These memories range from mild to extreme and have a profound effect on our health and happiness. In order to become who we are intended to be, we must erase these negatives and reprogram our thoughts to make positive ideas our reality.” D. Gary Young
Here is Sherri's video on opening her Feelings Kit! I cannot wait to order this someday but right now I'm just using a few of those oils on their own or together until I can afford the whole kit!
- I'm going to write 3 letters each to a "father" and then I'm going to open a bottle of wine and have a party in my backyard to burn those letters hoping to release everything associated with those emotions.
- A new oily friend recommended that I start coloring Mandalas for Art Therapy which I love- so I ordered one and can't wait to start coloring haha! Mandala art therapy & healing can be a great source of reflection on one's soul. Hopefully this will inspire me to start painting again since I am an artist... Here is a link with more information on that:
- I am working on controlling my hormones by using EndoFlex into my daily routine as well as a blend that I've made for my emotional journey. This is the recipe that I'm using for my journey:
There it is: My New Years Resolutions for 2015! I have a ton of work ahead of me this year and am so excited to work on making myself and my family happier and healthier! I look forward to 2016 and can't wait to see 1 year from now where I'm at and how things have changed...